Saturday, June 26, 2010

Adeline's Suites: The Rock Rose

It's finally upon us whether we're ready or not. The Rock Rose, our second suite in Adeline's Farmhouse, is "complete." Nothing is every really complete though!!! Always room for some transformations or maybe a small shift. You can never plan the exact program, only guide it. You wouldn't want something to be too rigid that it couldn't change over time. That was something I learned while study landscape architecture.

The suite is full of artistic craftsman ship and materials with hidden secrets and stories. Its an amazing feeling to see it come together; weaving together all the elements. I could have banged it out much quicker. Some of my friends rag on me for taking too long, but why rush it? Why stamp out a Home Depot replica? NO!!!! Not here!! Not on this farm!! Everything is boutique and unique!!

We haven't taken any photos yet, so bear with us. I promise it is beautiful though. I built it with so much of my love!!! Its rented tomorrow, and honestly we'll be working till the last minute, getting the silverware organized, lamp shades dusted, etc... It's like cramming for a test. Then it'll be five days before we can get back in there to make any minor tweaks. Not until it the first rental is over will we know if there are any quirks!! Someone has to give it a test drive. Regardless, I'll get some photos up in about a week.

So I now have finished the first two, with three more to go before Adeline's can finally be at peace on the farm and begin its journey into rough luxury. I'm glad its taking this long, although it's been quite painful, too painful at times. But now I am narrowing my vision, refining my ideas, and collecting my thoughts. I will get to see how these two suites fare throughout the summer and can learn from my mistakes in their design. The next three will be just as eclectic and stylistic as the first two. But I have a feeling I will try to take them even further!! I don't want Sleeping Sea and Once In A Blue Moon Farm to be mistaken for anywhere else!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment